HIRING: Brian Sleet Memorial Fellowship
Brian Sleet was a founding board member of Chicago Votes. Far beyond that, and even more important, Brian was part of our family! On December 26th, 2018 we lost him suddenly and the void in the heart of our organization has been difficult to bear. Brian was dedicated to empowering a new generation of Black political change makers, which is why he helped found Chicago Votes and cared so deeply about our work. In honor of Brian and the values he held; his loved ones have created the Brian Sleet Memorial Fellowship for Leadership and Advocacy.
- Produce our 2020 Unlock Civics Voter Guide.
- Host a large-scale, get out the vote effort for the 2020 November Elections.
- Ensure young people become Election Judges and are trained as youth experts on Election Protection.
To accomplish the above mentioned objectives, our Ideal candidate will have an interest in grassroots organizing at the community level and possess the capacity to complete the following activities.
- Engage in large scale and event-based voter registration, pledge to vote card collection, and canvassing.
- Act as an organizational ambassador at community events.
- Coordinate both individual and group projects.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and management.
- Follow detailed instructions associated with traversing large scale institutions like the Illinois Department of Corrections and Chicago Public Schools.
- Engage in issue-based research.
- Support robust digital campaigns.
Apply if you are…
- A graduating Whitney Young student
- High energy and funny personality
- A self-starter who shows strong initiative
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Committed to grassroots democracy
- Passionate about cultivating young leaders and advancing a progressive agenda
- Committed to the organizational mission in order to effectively promote and advance the goals of Chicago Votes
Please complete the Brian Sleet Memorial Fellowship Application by Friday, May 22nd.
Know someone you think would be awesome for the program? Nominate them here by Friday, May 15th.
Chicago Votes supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly urge womyn, LGBTQIA, people of color, and folx from immigrant communities to apply.