Listen to Sh*t Talks anytime, anywhere.
- If you’re Black in this country, you’ve probably been asked, “Where are you from?” Followed by, “But where are […]
- Sh*t Talkers, this week Naira sits down with MFnMelo, a member of the West Side-born hip hop collective Pivot […]
- Chicagoans will vote on the next Mayor of Chicago on April 4, 2023. Will will choose between Brandon Johnson, […]
- It’s no secret that politics as usual typically means young people aren’t included. The result is policies that fail […]
- In the wake of the murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin, the movement for Black […]
Sh*t Talkin’ Central
In Illinois, the last remaining group of disenfranchised citizens is people serving convictions in prison, contributing to the decades-long neglect of the state’s prisons and the needs of those in custody and overpoliced communities. When people in prison cannot vote, influence policy, or hold elected officials accountable, inhumane prison conditions proliferate. However, this is not unique to Illinois. Across the country, people in jail…
- Advocating for the expansion of voter access in jail and prison should be a part of your National Voter Registration Day.
- The Chicago Votes Monthly: September 2023
- An Interview with 26th Ward Alder Jessie Fuentes
- The Chicago Votes Monthly: August 2023
- That Development is Affordable Like Pizza is a Vegetable