Chicago Votes is searching for an Executive Intern. The ideal person to fulfill this role will be responsible for assisting Chicago Votes’ Executive Director. This is a paid position, the Executive Intern will assist in managing the ED’s calendar, support and manage workflow systems, and other miscellaneous support. This is a temporary, part time position through 9/1/19.
Added duties to be performed by said recipient are as follows:
- Maintain regular communication with the Executive Director (ED) to ensure they are prepared for each meeting and is up to speed on every moving project at Chicago Votes.
- Scheduling meetings on behalf of ED when necessary.
- Support ED with meeting prep.
- Maintain an organized relationship tracker for Executive Director.
- Organize ED’s weekly workload, including organizing reading materials, notes from meetings, meeting preparation documents, etc.
- Ensure timely response to all emails either from ED or on behalf of ED.
- Serve as external communications filter for ED.
- Establish systems for communications.
Strong Applicants Should Be…
- Culturally competent and comfortable discussing race, gender, and power.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Some administrative experience is encouraged, but not required.
- Detail- oriented and highly organized.
- Three references
- Brief cover letter
Send the above to “Jobs@ChicagoVotes.com”, with the subject line of “Executive Intern” by 3/31/2019.
Chicago Votes supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly urge woman, LGBTQIA, people of color, and folks from immigrant communities to apply.