Start Date: Mid August 2022.
The Development Intern will support the Development team by helping to activate our network and fueling the movement by supporting fundraiser event planning for the Chicago Votes team. They will work directly with Chicago Votes staff and volunteers to execute the fundraising goals set by the Chicago Votes development team.
Role & Responsibilities
The Development Intern will support events, G.A.S Station Pop Ups, and Clique activations. The creation of this role exists to perpetuate the third focus in Chicago Votes’ strategic plan: to increase youth leadership, ownership, and participation in all programs.
- Execute the plan set forth by the Development team to achieve fundraising goals for the year.
- Support Development Manager in preparation and outreach for fundraising events.
- Support development of the network and lead the planning of one Clique member exclusive activation. .
- Work closely with the Development team to identify targets and tactics for fundraising and event recruitment.
- Support outreach initiatives for monthly fundraising phonebanks.
- Support Development team in logistical planning for fundraisers.
- Responsible for independent call times and volunteer outreach for fundraising events.
- Attend fundraisers and support execution of achieving fundraising goals.
- Lead and design a virtual and/or in person activation for Chicago Votes membership program, The Clique
- Responsible for supporting logistical planning, volunteer recruitment and management of event
Occasional travel in Chicago will be necessary to fulfill the expectations of this position.
Knowledge | Skills
Organizers who have great leadership skills and are excited to learn about the cutting edge new organizing methods. Some other things we’re looking for:
- Proven and highly effective organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- Experience in Event Planning.
- Setting and meeting goals.
- A self-starter that can show strong initiative and work independently.
- Strong affinity for networking and building strategic relationships.
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work within diverse and underrepresented communities.
- Some experience working with young voters, voter registration, or campaigns.
- Committed to the idea and practice of leadership development.
- Strong ability to motivate volunteers and partners.
- Culturally competent and comfortable discussing race, gender, and power.
- Must commit to working 20 hours a week. No more than 20 hours are allowed per week.
- Must have a commitment to building the leadership capacity of Black & Brown youth.
- Must have a commitment to learning and being in a community with a diverse staff from various racial & ethnic, gender, sexual, economic, and immigration status backgrounds.
- Must have an openness to learn new tactics and software to execute responsibilities of role.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be a good and clear communicator.
- Must be willing to attend in-person events and meetings with safety protocols in place.
Relevant Software & Tools
- NGP VAN (our donor database and primary tool for emailing our base)
- Google Apps/Drive
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite
Timeline and Benefits:
- Applications Due: July 22, 2022
- Interviews: July 27-August 5th
- Program Length: Mid-August to Mid-November 2022
- Time commitment: 20 hours/week
- Compensation: $22/hour
- Part time, non exempt.
Please submit an application here. The application requires a resume and cover letter (written, audio, or video).
Please direct any questions about the position to Kiah at firstname.lastname@example.org Please direct any questions about the hiring process or application to Josh at email@example.com.
Chicago Votes supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly urge formerly incarcerated people, womyn, LGBTQIA, people of color, and folx from immigrant