HIRING: Development Associate
Chicago Votes Education Fund seeks a Development Associate to work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on all fundraising efforts. Chicago Votes Education Fund development relies on a combination of foundation support, individual donors, a robust monthly membership program, numerous fundraising events throughout the year, and corporate sponsorship cultivation.
The ideal candidate will have both fundraising and communications experience. The Development Associate will report to the Executive Director and Deputy Director. This position is a full-time, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an entry to intermediate level position with room for advancement within the organization.
Added duties to be performed by said recipient are as follows:
- Work closely with the Executive Director to strategically develop, manage, and implement an annual individual and monthly donor fundraising plan.
- Develop and execute a robust monthly member program
- Maintaining relationships with current donors and the accrual of new donors with the potential to take on grant writing and management responsibilities.
- Support fundraising and event efforts of the Chicago Votes Board of Directors
Systems & Database
- Track and maintain detailed records in NGP VAN of all former, current, and prospective major donors.
- Ensure systems are in place for donors to be thanked quarterly.
- Assists in material development and marketing for key organizational fundraising documents and external communication.
- Develop online fundraising plan utilizing social media platforms and google ads.
Research, Prospecting, & Outreach
- Work with organization leadership and the board of directors to continually prospect new funders, including individuals and foundations.
- Work with the Executive Director to build new strategic partnerships with a variety of influencers, including individuals from labor unions, elected offices, foundations, nonprofit partner organizations, and businesses.
- Maintain regular communication with the Executive Director (ED) to ensure they are prepared for each meeting and is up to speed on every moving project at Chicago Votes.
- Scheduling meetings on behalf of ED when necessary.
- Support ED with meeting prep.
- Expert relationship-builder – strong ability to network and build strategic partnerships
- Strong Anti-Oppression frameworks
- Proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious fundraising goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to stay on top of details and moving pieces
- Experience in non-profit fundraising and/or campaign finance is a plus
- Fundraising event coordination & planning experience required
- Some familiarity with non profit legal structures of 501(c)3s and 501(c)4s preferred
- A high energy and funny personality
- A self-starter who shows strong initiative
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Committed to grassroots democracy
- Passionate about cultivating young leaders and advancing a progressive agenda
- Committed to the organizational mission in order to effectively promote and advance the goals of Chicago Votes
Relevant Software & Tools
(should know some & learn the rest)
- NGP VAN (our donor database and primary tool for emailing our base)
- Google Apps
- Pages, Numbers and Keynote
- Basic HTML and WordPress
- Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite
Please submit a resume, cover letter demonstrating your commitment to progressive values, experience in plan writing and implementation (fundraising or other), and three references to “Jobs@ChicagoVotes.com”.
Chicago Votes supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly urge woman, LGBTQIA, people of color, and folks from immigrant communities to apply.