HIRING: Admin & Operations Associate
Chicago Votes is searching for our next Admin & Operations Associate! The ideal person to fulfill this role will be assisting the Deputy Director and Executive Director with accounting, human resources, and day-to-day business operations of Chicago Votes. The Operations Associate will drive our overall financial reporting, recruitment, onboarding, organizational systems, and business compliance. This is a full time, permanent position.
Added duties to be performed by said recipient are as follows: As a team, we will execute a decentralized, civic engagement program. Your role will include:
- Ensures accountant is maintaining QuickBooks.
- Track receipts and expenditures to process monthly financial statements and prepare monthly reports of Reconciliation, Profit and Loss, and Bank Balances.
- Make sure all invoices are paid on time and all expenses are in the live budget.
- Compute management fees from C3 to C4.
- Assist Deputy Director with yearly financial audits.
- Ensure full time employees understand health insurance.
- Ensure organizational non-profit insurance is up to date and audits are completed.
- Track staff attendance, sick days, personal, holiday and vacation time.
- Ensure staff timesheets are completed each month.
- Overseeing Onboarding and Offboarding process for both new staff and participant.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire senior staff.
- Provide staff orientations on norms, expectations, personnel policy, and emergency contact information.
- Ensure new staff have gmail accounts, ventra, and any other needs.
- Collection of W2, W4, W9, 1099, I9, Contracts, & Employee handbook.
Office and Business Management
- Assist Deputy Director and Executive Director with any organizational changes requested by board ie. name changes, changing registered agent.
- Assist Senior Staff with general systems to ensure the organization functions smooth.
- Ensuring organization is registered with the Attorney General (990) yearly, including signature collection for tax documentation.
- Ensuring organization is registered with the Secretary of State office yearly, including signature collection for documentation.
- Ensure office is functional and a welcoming (FUN!!!!) space that both supports collaborative work and individual work with the Chicago Votes-style atmosphere.
- Making sure supplies/inventory is tracked replaced when run out.
- Pay utility and rent bills on time.
Your position will include working on all of the above in collaboration with organizers and senior staff.
Strong Applicants Should Be…
- Ready to learn and hustle in a fast paced work environment.
- A strong understanding of google drive, google sheets and google docs.
- A business, HR or finance background is prefered but not required.
- Detail oriented and ready to track down receipts.
- Patient and persistent with staff as systems develop.
- Culturally competent and comfortable discussing race, gender, and power.
- Experience organizing colleagues, organizations, and/or movements while centering racial justice and/or racial equity.
- Three references
- A cover letter on how you will contribute to the operational success of Chicago Votes
- Optional: any additional writing samples or work you think might land you the job.
Send the above to “Jobs@ChicagoVotes.com”, with the subject line of “Operations Associate” by 4/1/2019.
Chicago Votes supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly urge woman, LGBTQIA, people of color, and folks from immigrant communities to apply.