Chicago Votes is searching for our next Admin & Operations Associate! The ideal person to fulfill this role will be assisting the Deputy Director and Executive Director with accounting, human resources, and day-to-day business operations of Chicago Votes. The Operations Associate will drive our overall financial reporting, recruitment, onboarding, organizational systems, and business compliance. This is a full time, permanent position.
Added duties to be performed by said recipient are as follows: As a team, we will execute a decentralized, civic engagement program. Your role will include:
- Ensures accountant is maintaining QuickBooks.
- Track receipts and expenditures to process monthly financial statements and prepare monthly reports of Reconciliation, Profit and Loss, and Bank Balances.
- Make sure all invoices are paid on time and all expenses are in the live budget.
- Compute management fees from C3 to C4.
- Assist Deputy Director with yearly financial audits.
- Ensure full time employees understand health insurance.
- Ensure organizational non-profit insurance is up to date and audits are completed.
- Track staff attendance, sick days, personal, holiday and vacation time.
- Ensure staff timesheets are completed each month.
- Overseeing Onboarding and Offboarding process for both new staff and participant.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire senior staff.
- Provide staff orientations on norms, expectations, personnel policy, and emergency contact information.
- Ensure new staff have gmail accounts, ventra, and any other needs.
- Collection of W2, W4, W9, 1099, I9, Contracts, & Employee handbook.
Office and Business Management
- Assist Deputy Director and Executive Director with any organizational changes requested by board ie. name changes, changing registered agent.
- Assist Senior Staff with general systems to ensure the organization functions smooth.
- Ensuring organization is registered with the Attorney General (990) yearly, including signature collection for tax documentation.
- Ensuring organization is registered with the Secretary of State office yearly, including signature collection for documentation.
- Ensure office is functional and a welcoming (FUN!!!!) space that both supports collaborative work and individual work with the Chicago Votes-style atmosphere.
- Making sure supplies/inventory is tracked replaced when run out.
- Pay utility and rent bills on time.
Your position will include working on all of the above in collaboration with organizers and senior staff.
Strong Applicants Should Be…
- Ready to learn and hustle in a fast paced work environment.
- A strong understanding of google drive, google sheets and google docs.
- A business, HR or finance background is prefered but not required.
- Detail oriented and ready to track down receipts.
- Patient and persistent with staff as systems develop.
- Culturally competent and comfortable discussing race, gender, and power.
- Experience organizing colleagues, organizations, and/or movements while centering racial justice and/or racial equity.
This application is now closed.
Chicago Votes supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly urge woman, LGBTQIA, people of color, and folks from immigrant communities to apply.