Chicago Votes Internships!
The Chicago Votes internship is an 8 to 10 week seasonal leadership development and grassroots organizing program for young people ready to build power. Interns in the greater Chicagoland area come together weekly (approx. 10 to 20 hours a week) to organize, educate, advocate, and engage young people around Chicago about the political process and important issues.
Fall Internship: (September 14-November 27)
Final Deadline: September 7th
Democracy Internship. Primary season. Civic education. Get Out the Vote. Legislative session. Legislators. Policy. Springfield.
Summer: (June 30 – Aug 22)
First-pick Deadline: March 21st * Final Deadline: May 31st
Magical Voter Mystery Tour. Dance parties. Advocacy and outreach. Like, 2,000 music festivals.
We accept applications on a rolling basis and currently have some project positions available.
Just imagine yourself:
- Organizing advocacy outreach at concerts, on campus and at other well-attended gatherings.
- Planing creative events that educate others on the political process and inspire action.
- Developing a campaign and crafting a message, drafting a fact sheet and sending some press releases, and working with reporters / media outlets.
- Assisting with our social media channels and blogging about exciting political issues.
- Learning about non-profit structures and operations and managing a budget and writing grants.
- Outgoing, people-oriented
- Ready to take on new challenges
- Driven to work hard and have fun doing it
- Able to work closely with other members of the team and also to manage your own work independently
- Experienced with popular social media outlets
- Excited about politics
Answer some application questions here! Then email your resume to Rudy[at] chicagovotes [.] com and include the word “internship” in the subject line.
Women, People of Color, Individuals with Disabilities and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.