Chicago Votes Internships!
The Chicago Votes internship is an 8 to 10 week seasonal leadership development and grassroots organizing program for young people ready to build power. Interns in the greater Chicagoland area come together weekly (approx. 10 to 20 hours a week) to organize, educate, advocate, and engage young people around Chicago about the political process and important issues.
Winter: (January 10 – March 21. First-pick Deadline: Nov 30th, Final: Dec 15th)
Democracy Internship. Primary season. Voter registration. Civic education. Get Out the Vote.
Spring: (April 7 - June 6. First Pick Deadline: March 25, Final: April 1st)
Legislative session. Legislators. Policy. Springfield. Voter registration. Fundraising.
Summer: (June 30th - Aug 22. Deadline June 3)
Magical Voter Mystery Tour. Dance parties. Voter registration. Like, 2,000 music festivals.
Fall: (Sept 9 - Nov 29. Deadline October 4th)
Doorbells. Pumpkins. Election season civic education. Get Out the Vote some more.
Just imagine yourself:
- Organizing voter registration drives at concerts, on campus and at other well-attended gatherings.
- Planing creative events that educate others on the political process and inspire action.
- Developing a campaign and crafting a message, drafting a fact sheet and sending some press releases, and working with reporters / media outlets.
- Assisting with our social media channels and blogging about exciting political issues.
- Learning about non-profit structures and operations and managing a budget and writing grants.
- Outgoing, people-oriented
- Ready to take on new challenges
- Driven to work hard and have fun doing it
- Able to work closely with other members of the team and also to manage your own work independently
- Experienced with popular social media outlets
- Excited about politics
Answer some application questions here! Then email your resume to Rebecca [at] chicagovotes [.] com and include the word “internship” in the subject line.
Women, People of Color, Individuals with Disabilities and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.