Application Deadline: 2/1/2018
Chicago Votes Education Fund seeks a Development Associate to work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on all fundraising efforts. Chicago Votes Education Fund development relies on a combination of foundation support, individual donors, a robust monthly membership program, numerous fundraising events throughout the year, and corporate sponsorship cultivation.
The ideal candidate will have both fundraising and communications experience. The Development Associate will report to the Executive Director and Deputy Director. This position has the potential to be a full-time or part-time exempt position. We are open to 1099 contract work. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an entry to an intermediate level position with room for advancement within the organization.
Job Responsibilities The Development & Administrative Associate is responsible for:
- Fundraising. Work closely with the Executive Director to strategically develop, manage, and implement an annual individual and monthly donor fundraising plan. Develop and execute a robust monthly member program and individual donor program, including maintaining relationships with current donors and the accrual of new donors.
- Systems & Database. Track and maintain detailed records in NGP VAN of all former, current, and prospective major donors. Ensure systems are in place for donors to be thanked quarterly. Responsible for all bank deposits, tracking and reporting income to Organizational Health Director and Accountant.
- Board Management: Support fundraising and event efforts of the Chicago Votes Board of Directors. Support Executive Director in ensuring the board of directors hits fundraising goals.
- Communications: Assists in material development and marketing for key organizational fundraising documents and external communication. Develop online fundraising plan utilizing social media platforms and google ads.
- Research, Prospecting, & Outreach. Work with organization leadership and the board of directors to continually prospect new funders, including individuals and foundations. Work with the Executive Director to build new strategic partnerships with a variety of influencers, including individuals from labor unions, elected offices, foundations, nonprofit partner organizations, and businesses.
- Administrative Support for Executive Director. Will provide support on fundraising call time, scheduling, and implementation.
- Expert relationship-builder – strong ability to network and build strategic partnerships
- Strong Anti-Oppression frameworks
- Proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious fundraising goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to stay on top of details and moving pieces
- Experience in non-profit fundraising and/or campaign finance is a plus
- Fundraising event coordination & planning experience is a plus
- Some familiarity with nonprofit legal structures of 501(c)3s and 501(c)4s preferred
- A high energy and funny personality
- A self-starter who shows strong initiative
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Committed to grassroots democracy
- Passionate about cultivating young leaders and advancing a progressive agenda
- Committed to the organizational mission in order to effectively promote and advance the goals of Chicago Votes
Relevant Software & Tools
(should know some & learn the rest)
- NGP VAN (our donor database and primary tool for emailing our base)
- Google Apps
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Basic HTML and WordPress
- Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite
Benefits include either part-time hourly pay at $15.00/hour or salary ranging from $32,500- $38,000.00 commensurate with experience, health benefits (full time only), paid vacation, and a transportation stipend. We are conveniently located in the loop next to all train lines.
Please submit a resume, cover letter demonstrating your commitment to progressive values, experience in plan writing and implementation (fundraising or other), and three references to “Jen@ChicagoVotes.com”.
Chicago Votes supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly urge woman, LGBTQIA, people of color, and folks from immigrant communities to apply.