Internship Chicago Votes
Chicago Votes is committed to educating, training, and empowering a new generation of young Chicagoans and have designed our internship program to act as a springboard for young leaders to enter the life of political and public service. This program is a sweet combination of hands on organizing with a carefully crafted classroom curriculum. Interns are expected to work with us 15 hours per week and attend a weekly meeting at our office. Hours are flexible with a combination of time spent in the field and in the office.
All our leadership programs share these goals:
● Handson, impact focused. We know the best learning happens through experience. That’s why we help YOU build the project from the ground up.
● Leaders making lasting impacts.We’re the beginning of a leadership pipeline, exposing you to a network of organizations and relationships to give you a running start.
What You Can Do.
● Organize voter registration drives at concerts, on campus and at other well attended gatherings.
● Plan creative events that educate others on the political process and inspire action.
● Assist with our social media channels and blog about exciting political issues and Chicago Votes events.
● Organize “Parades to the Polls” to get out the vote.
Who You Are.
● Outgoing, people oriented
● Ready to take on new challenges
● Driven to work hard and have fun doing it
● A little flexible and a major sense of humor
● Ability to work very closely with other members of the team and also to manage your own work independently
● Experience with popular social media outlets
● An affinity for politics, particularly youth civic engagement
Email your resume to Rudy@chicagovotes.com and include the word “internship” in the subject line. Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis.