WHO CAN REGISTER?
- be a U.S. citizen, and
- be born on or before November 8, 1998, and
- live in your precinct at least 30 days before the election, and
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere
WHEN & WHERE YOU’VE GOTTA GO
2018 Primary Election Key Dates:
- First day to apply for a mail ballot: December 20, 2017
- Last day to register to vote online for the 2018 Primary: March 4, 2018
- First day of early voting for the 2018 Primary: March 5, 2018
- Last day to request a mail ballot, including military and overseas voters: March 15, 2018
- Last Day of Early Voting: March 19, 2018
GRACE PERIOD REGISTRATION & VOTING:
If you are not already registered to vote, you may use grace period voter registration from February 21, 2018 through March 19, 2018. During grace period registration and voting you can register and vote at the same location. This will be offered only at the Chicago Board of Elections at 69 W. Washington. For first time voters, please bring 2 forms of ID which shows your current address.
From March 5th through March 19th, all 51 Early Voting sites will be open Monday through Saturday from 9am – 5pm. Go to chicagoelections.com to find a location near you. Please bring a government photo ID during early voting. For both “Grace Period” and “Early Voting” you will register and vote in the same day.
March 20, 2018. On election day, you are allowed to register and vote at YOUR POLLING LOCATION. Polling locations are open from 6am to 7pm. Find your nearest polling location here! Find the complete list of polling locations here.